We value your trust and protect your privacy
Thank you for visiting The Harmony at Home Music website and reviewing our online Privacy Statement in detail.
At Harmony at Home Music, your privacy is extremely important to us. The trust placed in us by our customers is absolutely essential to our success. We understand that and do everything we can to earn and protect that trust. We do not share your personal information with any outside companies. Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information in an online environment is a priority for us.
When you visit the Harmony at Home Music website, any personal information you provide will be used to respond to your message and/or provide you with the requested service or product. The collection of personal information by any Ontario company must be in accordance with section 38(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). This section of the Act requires companies to collect only the personal information that is necessary for the administration of a product or service. At the time the information is collected, you will be informed of the specific purpose for which it is being collected.
The Harmony at Home Music security practices are continually evolving to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems are maintained. Harmony at Home Music uses up-to-date security safeguards to protect its networks and websites from misuse, alteration, copying, disclosure, destruction, monitoring or unauthorized sharing of information and damage. Our safeguards includes the use of security software and encryption protocols and involve physical, technical and procedural controls to protect information behind a secure firewall.
Harmony at Home Music has been operating since 2012. We have provided music lessons to hundreds of families across Ontario. Sarah Dylan, the owner of Harmony at Home Music, has been teaching in-home lessons since 2007. We know how important trust is, when it comes to business, especially when working with children and families. We always ensure that we are keeping up to date with best practices – and we go above and beyond legal requirements when it comes to your privacy and safety. We pride ourselves on our reputation, among our community, as a reliable and trustworthy music school.
The following are some of the steps that we take to ensure your trust and privacy:
– Teachers undergo an enhanced criminal background check through mybackcheck.com
– Teachers undergo a vulnerable sector screening through their local police department
– Teachers undergo an extensive interview/screening process and reference check, done by Harmony at Home Music
– The Harmony at Home Music website is secure (SSL certificate)
– Credit Card and Interac payments are done through Beanstream (the preferred payment processing company of TD Canada Trust)
– Harmony at Home Music does not store any credit card information (it is stored through Beanstream, in each client’s customer profile)
– All information is stored on an encrypted network
– All forms used to collect information are secure
– Your information is never shared with any third parties
Questions or comments regarding these practices or the administration of our privacy policies and security can be directed to us at: [email protected] or by calling 416 837 9051.